At Meadows Bank, we are concerned about the safety of your bank accounts. That is why we are introducing 2 new services to help protect you from fraud.
"Ever feel like you're being watched?" Watched over is more like it. In fact, we're monitoring your ATM and Debit Card transactions - day and night - with a high tech, high touch monitoring solution that protects your accounts using state-of-the-art intelligence technology and skilled fraud experts. If suspicious transactions are detected, a fraud specialist will attempt to contact you right away. Your card will be disabled immediately if fraud is confirmed, and if you are not available, your card will be assigned a special "watch" status until we know all is well.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Yes, Meadows Bank can place notes in the system for the fraud analyst. We just need to know the area and dates of travel. We suggested that you carry a second form of payment (travelerís cheques, credit cards) in the event your Meadows Bank card is blocked. If the card gets blocked by the Fraud Center, you can call collect (206) 352-3516 internationally, on a 24x7x365 basis to have the block removed. The fraud analyst will take steps to verify your identity. Once you confirm the transactions are legitimate, the fraud analyst will remove the block.
For more questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. This FREE service is just another way that Meadows Bank is here for you.
This FREE service gives Meadows Bank ATM / Debit Cardholders the ability to recieve and respond to text alerts on a number of card transactions.
Features and Benefits
- Easy enrollment
- Two-way text communication
- Enroll up to ten devices
- Do-Not-Disturb window capability
- One year enrollment period
- Supports all major phone carriers
Generates an alert with any approved authorization originating outside the U.S.
Generates an alert with any approved transaction that takes place outside your home state
Generates an alert with any approved transaction greater than the pre-determined daily amount set by Meadows Bank
More Than in 24 Hour Period
Generates an alert for any approved transaction greater than the pre-determined daily number set by Meadows Bank
Generates an alert with any approved authorization at an automated fuel pump
Card Not Present
Generates an alert when an approved transaction was entered into the system manually, reading track one only, or manually keyed and recognized as e-commerce
How Does it Work?
- After an ATM or Debit Card transaction is initiated and sent to Meadows Bank for authorization, we use sophisticated technology to detect if any of the triggering rules, noted above, are present. When a transaction triggers an alert, the smsGuardian system sends a text message to the mobiile device that you have previously enrolled. (If you have multiple device enrolled, they all receive the same alerts, text messages, confirmations, etc).
- Review the text message once you receive it.
- If the transaction is not legitimate, immediately reply to the text message following the instructions you receive in the original text message. A unique code will be provided that you will use when replying to the text.
- Your reply then sets off a series of events to block further transactions from occurring on your card. A trained fraud analyst will then send you a follow up text message noting that your card has been blocked.
- You will then need to order a new card from Meadows Bank
- If the alert is for an authorized transaction that you made, no action on your part is required.
Triggering transactions may be adjusted from time-to-time.
Frequently Asked Questions